We are huge fans of caprese salad! Nothing complements a BBQed steak, pasta dish or a light dinner better than a salad with the perfect balance or creamy, sweet, tangy, and salty. What we love about this recipe is that it's equally easy and delicious for a dinner for two, or a large party! It never fails to impress with its beautiful presentation and perfectly balanced flavor.
Don't have mangos? No problem! We love to make this recipe with peaches, nectarines, or the traditional method with tomatoes.
Mango Caprese Salad Recipe
- 2 ripe mangos
- 1 package of pre-sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup of fresh basil leaves
- Flake sea salt to taste
- Olive oil
- Use a paring knife or a serrated knife to remove the skin from your mango. We prefer to use a sharp serrated knife, as it does a really good job cutting through the leathery mango skin.
- Once the skin is removed from your mangos, slice mangos into about 1/4"-1/2" thick slices lengthwise from the top to bottom of the mango. Depending on the size of your mango, you may need to cut these slices in half to be roughly 3 inches by 3 inches.
- Remove the mozzarella cheese from the package and separate slices and place on a paper towel or clean kitchen towel to remove any residual liquid. We like to make sure the mozzarella cheese is dry before assembling our salad for a better presentation.
- Rinse basil and remove the leaves from the stems and set aside.
- Start to assemble your salad by layering a slice of mango, 1 basil leaf, 1 slice of mozzarella and repeating this process until you're out of ingredients.
- Sprinkle your salad with flake sea salt to taste. Remember, mangos are sweet and Kona Sea Salt has a 33% less sodium than ordinary table salt, so this allows us to garnish with a really nice amount of salt, to give it texture without our recipe being too salty!
- Drizzle your salad with olive oil right before serving and enjoy!
What are your favorite salty recipes? Share your recipe inspo by tagging #konaseasalt for a chance to be featured!