Tour the only Salt Farm on Hawaii Island!
Featured on Guy Fieri's new series: "Guy Hawaiian Style" we are located on 7 acres of oceanfront space on Kona Keahole Point and hand harvest Hawaiian Salt from pristine deep ocean waters, 2,200 feet below the surface of the Kona Sea. You will learn about the salt harvesting process and the different kinds of salt variations, how deep seawater is different from surface water, the significance of salt in Hawaiian culture and a brief historical overview of the ancient Hawaiian settlement Ho’ona. Lastly, you will get a chance to taste some of our Kona Pure and Flavored Salts.
On our Farm Tour, you will learn about:
History & Culture
• Brief overview and history of our site and of The Hawaii Ocean Science and Technology Park
• Historical and cultural significance of our farm location
• Why our location is so important to the quality of our salt
• What makes deep ocean water different, and how our salt differs from others
Salt Making Process & TAsting
• Salt Production and variables
• Salt harvesting process: dehydration, harvest, draining of Deep Ocean Minerals and uses for that product, resting time
• Overview of different types of salt
• Complimentary salt tasting including our pure, flavored and smoked salts with fruits and vegetables
Salt Farm Store
If you are on Hawaii Island, visit our Salt Farm Store and taste some of our Pure Kona Sea Salt and Flavored Salts! Build your own salt gift set with your favorites all while enjoying our beautiful oceanfront setting. We also have our Deep Ocean Magnesium Sparkling Mineral Water to taste and our AstaFactor Astaxanthin Supplement.
Store Hours: Monday-Saturday 9am-4pm
Address: 73-907 Makako Bay Drive, Kailua Kona, HI 96740