AstaFactor was developed in 2000 when a group of researchers and scientists studied its strong antioxidant properties on our Kona site. Their extensive research uncovered the health benefits to humans and lead to the first ever astaxanthin supplement developed for human benefit. Astaxanthin is a highly potent antioxidant that may help protect cells from damage caused by free radicals. Some of its health benefits include:
- Anti-inflammatory effects: Some research suggests that astaxanthin may have anti-inflammatory effects and may help reduce inflammation in the body.
- Improved immune function: Some studies have found that astaxanthin may help improve immune function by increasing the activity of immune cells.
- Cardiovascular health: Some research suggests that astaxanthin may help improve cardiovascular health by reducing LDL ("bad") cholesterol levels, lowering blood pressure, and improving blood flow.
- Eye health: Astaxanthin may help protect the eyes from oxidative stress and may help improve vision in people with age-related macular degeneration.
- Skin health: Astaxanthin may help improve skin health by reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and protecting the skin from UV damage.