What's not to love about a margarita? The perfect blend of smooth tequila, crisp lime, and of course, our favorite... a salted rim! If you're in the mood for an easy-to-make and simple margarita recipe, this is for you!
If you don't drink alcohol, no problem! Substitute the tequila for some club soda and enjoy a fresh homemade salted sparkling limeade. If you're making this version, be sure to stir and not shake.
Serving size: Makes 1 margarita
- 2 ounces of tequila (we prefer the smooth flavor of añejo)
- 1 ounce of fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce of simple syrup (equal parts of water and sweetener of choice, see below for tips)
- Extra lime wedges for garnish
- Flake Salt for garnish
- Make your simple syrup
- Mix equal parts of hot water with equal parts of your sweetener of choice. We have used honey, maple syrup and cane sugar all having delicious results.
- Pro tip: we put cold water and the sweetener in a mason jar and microwave for 1 minute then mix with a spoon. You can make a large batch and store your simple syrup in the fridge for up to a week.
- Rim your margarita glasses
- Place your garnishing salt on a small plate or in a small bowl
- Firmly rub a lime wedge along the rim of your glass
- Gently place the rim of the glass into your salt plate and make sure your rim picks up salt crystals all the way around your glass
- Set your salted glasses aside
- Make your margarita
- Pour your tequila, simple syrup and lime juice into a mason jar or shaker
- Fill with ice, cover and shake vigorously for about 10 seconds
- Pour the contents of the mixer into your salted glass and voila! Margaritas are served!
Now, sit back, relax and enjoy this refreshing beverage in your very own backyard.
What are your favorite salty cocktail recipes? Be sure to tag your cocktails with #KonaSeaSalt for a chance to be featured.